Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Beautiful Morning

I am all up & ready & waiting for the cab to the office. Probably that would take another hour or so. So thought of updating this space.



Its a beautiful wednesday morning. Its all cloudy & seems it would rain in the next couple of hours. Relief from the scorching heat & sunny weather of summers. And how could i forget my parents. Well, another proposal & again the same story. They are not ready to listen to me. says the family background is good & for them it doesnt matter if the guy earns less(compared to me). But it matters a lot to me. If that is the case I cannot leave my work if i want to after marriage. I cannot move to a small town & cant think of spending a day there. A day is fine but not a month or the entire lifetime. I am used to this fast paced life of metro. i doubt if i would be able to survive somewhere else. My eating habits are different as compared to southies. I cannot bear idli-dosas. I need north indian food in my b'fast, lunch & dinner. My mother cooks it all so no probs till now. Cant say the same if this proposal materializes.Communication which is important in relationships. I cant speak my mother tongue. He probably speaks his mother tongue. Now in which language should we select to talk. I speak hindi at home. God knows if he knows anything about hindi.

By writing this post i do not want to show anyone in bad light. My point is straight which my parents are not able to understand- its not going to workout for me. and they simply try to ignore me by giving justifications like money doesnt matter & all that. I am harsh
& rude. Probably the circumstances these days have made me like this. I wish this is just another phase.

3 comments:

praddy said...

very true on most of the points u said, we really need to be careful before going into wedlock, though not all things are in our hands, atleast we can make sure the person and we share the same interests, habits etc

Vrijilesh Rai said...

hey LG.. gr8 to see u here on blogspot!

And U rightly said.. u have to be comfortable wid the alliance and its terms.. anot ur parents..

Librangirl said...

Thx GoDo & Vrij for the comments.
Let me see how lucky i would be in convincing my parents. :-)