Sunday, August 31, 2008

trip

Guess I have to bring an end to the suspense which i created in the previous-to-previous post. It goes like this.

This proposal came our way & everyone was okay with it except me. The guy works in Chennai. His was brought up in South. Why it was no for me because our upbringing was different. He visited Delhi couple of time. But living & visting a city are two different aspects. Alright i went acc. to my parents wishes. His mother wanted to speak to me couple of times over the phone but I denied. To meet the guy I have to go to south which in turn was a big pain. But i had to go fulfill my parents request. The trip got postponed because of my US trip. His mother once again wanted to talk to me before I lef for US but once again as my mother knew of my intentions, she made an excuse. Moreover the guy & his parents wern't aware of my night shifts. I prefer north indian food anytime over south indian.Finally I decided the day & have to almost fight at work in getting a day's leave. It was hard but I needed it as my parents were after my life. Somehow I managed to get one.
I flew on friday evening. We reached home around midnight the same day. My mother told me that they would be coming next morning, sharp 10 & I have to be up & ready before that time. I managed to have a sound sleep of almost 7 hrs after some argument with my father & mother. It was bad. You go all the way down to south & you end up in argument with your parents- N' all this happens when you meet your parents after a weeks time. Sad :(
Anyways I woke up, had breakfast & was up & ready on time. It was 10- then clock stuck 11. Finally they arrived. The guy did not had the courtesy to say even a "hi-hello".He was one of those Mama's boy. He sat there next to his mother. They were 7 of them. His sister was dressed in traditional saree not to forget to mention the jewellery that she had on her neck & hands. Goshhhh..... I dont like to wear such jewellery.... its simple because I am not used to. I believe in simplicity & elegance. Anyways his sister asked me only & only one question: Where do I work ? I replied but she made a face after listening to me.
Neither the guys mother nor father uttered a single word out of their mouth. What was wrong with them ? That female was ready to talk to me over the phone but what happened when she saw me face to face. Probably she was insecure about his son. She might have thought that his son might move to Delhi if this proposal finalizes. True... Chennai is the last city in this world where I would like to get settle down.
This family seated there for almost 45 mins but did not ask/talked to me. Imagine you have com down all the way from the city which is more than 3000KM away from the town & you were not even asked about your trip. Forget about marriage. I wont like to talk to them in near future. Few hours later, after they left my jiju & didi had a word with the guy & pressuirised me to talk to the boy if he calls up. I told them clearly its not possible. Someone who cant utter a single word like "hi-hello", I cant think of living my life with that fellow.
But in a days stay one thing I enjoyed was the company of my cousins & my aunts. It was good. The next I we had our flight back to Delhi. I did not feel like coming back. But I had to & arrived the next day.
My parents are after my life in kicking me out to another "family".
Marriage .... why the hell did God made such a word.
Let me stop here else would end up writing my frustrations.
Peace...!!!


PS::: Pardon me for the mistakes. I did not feel like going thru this post.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Librangirl,

I told both our children that both boy and girl have equal right to say yes or no for marriage proposal. Specially girl as she has to leave secure known environments to unknown ones, you may know would be husband or his family for ages but it is only when your live 7 X 24 you know what it is like. Wish you all the best for getting soulmate to your liking.

Take care

Librangirl said...

Thanks a ton for the wishes...!!!!

satishds said...

I know how frustrating it is to go through this phase of life. Have faith, keep cool but dont ever compromise !!
I wish u all the best in your seach for a soulmate.

Librangirl said...

Thanks Satish for the advice.