Monday, October 18, 2010

TV Series


Its been a while that I've written on any drama series aired on TV. I've been watching 'Ugly Betty' for the past couple of days. Star World it seems is running out of some good quality programmes. All our channels shows the same 'saas-bahus' sagas or some crappy 'family-oriented' series. 'Pavitra Rishta' is going no where , 'Geet - Hui Sabse Parayi'- Maan has met with an accident - cant say where the story is heading to, 'yeh rishta kya kehlata hai' - no negative characters in the series but I dont know why they stretch a plot - to get a TRP rating I believe, 'Comedy Circus ka Jadoo' - Kamya makes a comeback with Rajeev (Saloni wasnt there in the episode) - John Abraham was one of the guests on the show - whatever it is John Abraham's smile kills me - anytime anyday :D Even after watching so much of hindi films/serials I cant write about a single guy/girl from our own industry. Why I find american stars so good in their acting dept ? I've written about 'Castle' (one should watch out for Nathan & Stana - apart from their acting skills its the on-screen chemistry which takes away the cake), 'White Collar' (Matt Bomer was good with this acts), "Friends" series. I remember there were few series on starOne years back - Hotel Kingston, Special Squad, Siddhanth - i watched them because they were different from the usual stuff. Siddhanth - few of the episodes touched on real life issues. Whatever it is am missing out onn some good serials on TV .Anyone listening :D

I am dedicating this post to Michael Urie (who plays Marc in the 'Ugly Betty' series). I really love the way he makes those funny expressions while delivering his dialogues. He does it nicely and better than our female actors playing those -ve characters.

1 comment:

Jack said...

L G,

I hardly get to handle remote. So I perforce watch what my wife or granddaughter is watching. As and when I do get chance I like to see some good movie. I agree Hindi serials are being streched beyond limits. When my PC was not working I could see some good English movies on our second TV as that was free till our granddaughter came back from school.

Take care