Sunday, November 28, 2010

Little Prayer

I met last monday when had gone to South Ext to inquire about a certain course. I met Yashi the same day - felt good - met her after a long long time. I couldnt recognize her initially but when I carefully looked at the female who was smiling at me I was shocked to see her. She has lost her weight & in the process has lost her chubbiness too. We had coffee at CCD & spoke a lot.

Today she called in again - she spoke to Ravi after a long time - wanted to share the same with me -  I sincerely feel proud of Ravi today. He got married few months back. His was an arranged marriage.  Only 10 days before the wedding he came to know that her fiancée has been tested positive for cancer. Usually guys would back out but he chose to stick to her :) She is going thru the tests which she is suppose to take and I sincerely wish & pray that their bond of love strengthens more with time and she gets well soon . Shocking news was that he lost his father last month. I am hearing sad news for the last couple of weeks - first it was Sumit's mother then our Maid's husband - and now this.

Sumit used to say "arrey humaari amma humaare liye ladki dekh rahin hain" when asked about his matrimonial searches by the guys at work. Guys specially Rajeev used to pull his leg when topic of marriage used to pop-up. He was happy when he got his new job in his native place - Lucknow.Unfortunately the day when he reached there he got the terrible news of his mother.

Maid's husband passed away just before Diwali - I wish and pray that God gives strength to each one of them and their family members during this time. Its not easy - not at all.

2 comments:

Jack said...

L G,

May God be kind.

Take care

Abhishek said...

"arrey humaari amma humaare liye ladki dekh rahin hain" This line made me smile remembering Sumit but this time it was a sad smile :-)

he's a nice guy!